Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chatham-Kent Etsy Team Holiday Trunk Shows

The Chatham-Kent Etsy Team would like to extend a huge thank you to a few local shops for their support in hosting the first ever series of CK Etsy Team Holiday Trunk shows!




November 17/09 - William Street Cafe

I (Jen Merritt of Persephone's Awakening) wasn't able to attend the Trunk Show at the Cafe, but here's some feedback from participants and photos from the evening.

"I thought it was a great venue and atmosphere for the Etsy group and the place was fairly busy all evening. I'm glad I was able to meet my fellow CK Etsians and show some of my work. Although I didn't sell any of my photography I did hand out some business cards so that was good. I would definately do one there again (and hope next time to have a little more photography/art and maybe some other items on hand and be a bit more prepared). Unfortunately I wasn't able to come to check out the other two but look forward to hearing about them at the meeting."
Jess Wyma - Sunny Day Rain

According to Ann K. of It's Mine and Ann's...

"I think the Cafe event was a success. There was a great turnout. Sales were good. Because of the relaxed atmosphere it was easy to greet and talk with people whether they were just looking or buying. My only suggestion is to watch the temperature. My goodness it was boiling in there!!! Shoppers were making the same comment, but I don't think the heat chased anybody away."

November 26/09 - Eve Chocolatier


From Jen Merritt: "I was lucky to be involved in the Holiday Trunk Show, held at Eve Chocolatier and organized by Jenny O. of TwentySix7. Brenda supplied an excellent poster design, and the evening was filled with chocolate, a bustling boutique, and yule festiveness. Participants included: TwentySix7 (Jenny Oriet), PurplePeony (Brenda Braun), ChristyDekoning, TwistedByShannon (Shannon McDowell), JewellerybyEldon (Eldon Austin), and JenMerritt (aka Persephone's Awakening).

Shows aren't typically the best venue for my products, but I was excited to get together with other team members and meet those that I had only communicated with by email. Eve's was a perfect venue for our small group of artisans. We had a steady flow of visitors and each vendor sold something, including me (yay)! Pauline (of Eve's) was incredible and her shop set the personal, beautiful ambiance that I feel represents the Etsy ideology. I look forward to our next trunk show and team event."

December 17/09 - The Paper Pickle Co.



Hosted in the stamp and paper shop, this event consisted of team members: PurplePeony (Brenda Braun), ChristyDekoning, TwistedByShannon (Shannon McDowell), JewellerybyEldon (Eldon Austin), and JenMerritt (aka Persephone's Awakening), and ItsMineandAnns (Ann Kirkham).


Eldon states: "It was good exposure and I hope for much better in the future as the local people get to know me and my work. I do believe that there was a good time had by all." (Photo: Jewellery by Eldon)

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty tickled pink that a group of people, many of whom had little or no knowledge of each other beforehand, whipped together 3 stellar trunk shows on short notice, with a teeny tiny budget but tons of enthusiasm and creativity! :-)

    The CK Team has done more in the few weeks that it's been live than a lot of teams do in a year!
    yep...WE ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are all really amazing :) I really hope I can start partaking in some of these great events soon!!!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete