Monday, December 14, 2009

Introducing: London . Art . Girl

We welcome our first Chathamite in the London direction. Laura spent a great deal of time in CK growing up, but has since migrated down the 401 to London. She's still involved in Chatham-Kent and writes for the Arts & Culture section of the Chatham-Kent Daily Post (online newspaper). Read on to get to know Laura.



Name: Laura Tetrault
Shop Name: London . Art . Girl
Location: http://www.etsy.com/shop/londonartgirl

Do you have a blog or other website you'd like to share?

What is your favourite material to work with?
Acrylic paint!

What is your favourite Etsy shop? 
I don’t think I have an overall fav shop but there are I definitely have some favs in different categories.

I like Paintallnight Studios for art: http://www.etsy.com/shop/paintallnightstudios
Roia Obrien jewellery design : http://www.etsy.com/shop/roiaobrien
Unique objects at Cyber Moon : http://www.etsy.com/shop/CyberMoon
And the flower scarves at Persephone’s Awakening : http://www.etsy.com/shop/jenmerritt [editor's note: gee whiz! Thankee!]

What's the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you on Etsy? 

I was thrilled with my first sale – I received it the same month I began uploading work to my shop (Nov) I had started to prep my shop in Sept but no work was up. I sold 6 of my small paintings in November and everytime I got a notice I was got a little jolt of energy!

Tell us about your craft and/or the items in your shop.

I’m a painter primarily, although sometimes I do collage/mixed media work. As a personal challenge, I decided to create 30 small works of art on paper, one each day for the month of November. I opened my Etsy shop as a venue to help those paintings find homes. Then gradually I added some of my smaller works on canvas. I think it is important that art be reasonably priced and accessible to everyday people – so that is the mission of my shop: to help everyday people create their own personal oasis areas through art.

What is your one wish for your Etsy shop/creative business? 

Besides being so wildly successful that I can’t keep anything in stock... That it would successfully help people connect with art.

Favourite colour? 
That is a mean question to ask a painter! If it came down to it red would have to be my favourite but I really do love them all. Even brown = )


You could make your own dream ice cream... what would be in it? 

Reeses peanut butter cups, pie pieces and milk chocolate chunks! Yum!

Favourite place to be in Chatham-Kent?

Legion Park, or in Williams Street Cafe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment